- What data we collect
- Why we need your data
- What we do with your data
- Forums and Chat Rooms
- How long we keep your data
- Children’s privacy protection
- Where your data is processed and stored
- How we protect your data and keep it secure
- Your rights
- Third-Party Websites & Applications
- Contact us or resolve a complaint
- Changes to this policy
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- your email address and job function / role when you sign up
- questions or feedback you submit
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site and courses, for example which types of pages you view and when you mark lessons complete or incomplete
Why we need your data
We collect information to see how you use the site and courses. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements to our products and services, for example improving course content
We also collect data in order to:
- allow you to access and purchase courses and services;
- administer online education offerings;
- gather feedback to improve our offerings, for example a survey asking about your experience on the site;
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to;
- respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- answer requests for customer or technical support; and
- send email notifications, for example reminders to complete course content;
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with our technology suppliers or service providers, for example our payment provider. In some circumstances a service provider may collect data directly from you and their privacy policies may also apply.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- share your data if we are required to do so by law - for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
We use the following sub-processors:
Forums and Chat Rooms
If you participate in a discussion forum, local communities, or chat room as part of the Services, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e. your public profile) will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither Action for Results, Inc. nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Action for Results is not responsible for the personal information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums.
To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, click here. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information and if this occurs, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. We will keep your feedback data for 2 years.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your data - for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption. We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you provide.
By using our websites, Services, or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
Third-Party Websites & Applications
The Services may contain links to other websites and applications and other websites and applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which you interact.
Contact us or resolve a complaint
If you have concerns about the way Action for Results is handling your personal data, please let us know immediately. We want to help. Contact us by filling out the Privacy Request Form.
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Last updated date: 11 June 2020